Today, I have a very special paneer keto recipe to share with you. Its widely eaten paneer recipe in India and the good thing is that it is perfect for those on Keto Diet.
In case, you are new to keto diet and wondering what makes a perfect Indian keto diet plan then do read this guide on weight loss keto Indian diet.
Now, lets us begin with the keto recipe.
Paneer keto recipe: Palak Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
Here is the list of ingredients to be used in palak paneer preparation.
List of ingredients
- Cottage cheese (paneer cubes)- 200 gms
- Spinach (palak)- 250 gms
- Tomato (tamatar)- 2 midium sized
- Green chilli (hari mirch)- 2-3
- Ginger (adrakh)- 1 inch
- Cumin seeds (jeera)- 1/2 tsp
- Green cardamom (choti elaichi)- 1
- Black cardamom (badi elaichi)- 1
- Cinnamon stick (dalchini)- 1/2 inch
- Cloves (laung)- 2
- Dry fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)- 2tsps
- Turmeric (haldi) powder- 1/3 tsp
- Coriander (dhania) powder- 1&1/2 tsp
- Cumin (jeera) powder- 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli (lal mirch) powder- 1/3 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1/2 tsp
- Fresh cream (malai)- 2 tbsps Oil- 3 tbsps
- Salt- As per taste Water- 1/2 cup
For Garnishing: Fresh cream, Paneer- grated, coriander leaves.
Here is the detail preparation method.
- Clean and wash the spinach properly.
- In a pan heat half glass water and add spinach into hot water. Cover the pan and let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- And then, open the pan and transfer the spinach into a mixer jar once it cools down. Grind the spinach into a fine paste.
- Take tomato, green chilies and ginger, grind into a fine paste.
- Heat a pan and add oil, let it heat properly. Add cumin seeds, black and green cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon stick into the heating oil, fry them for a few seconds.
- Add tomato paste, stir it and then add all masala powder except garam masala. Fry the masala till oil separates.
- Add beaten cream (you can use homemade cream) and then stir it well.
- Add spinach paste and keep stirring. Add salt and mix it properly with the gravy. Now add garam masala powder and mix it well.
- Add paneer cubes, and with the light hand stir the gravy well. Add half a cup of water and mix well.
- Cover the pan and let it cook for 3-4 minutes on a low flame. After 3-4 minutes, open the pan and stir it well.
- Switch off the flame, your keto palak panner recipe is ready.
- Garnish it with fresh cream, grated paneer, and coriander leaves.
Paneer keto recipe video
Below is the approx nutrition value per 100 grams of palak paneer.
- Protein: 4.0 Grams
- Fat: 9.5 grams
- Carbs: 4.1 grams
- Fiber: 1.4 grams
- Total Calories (100grams): 118 calories
Know more about what you eat in the below articles.
- Best fiber-rich foods in India: Helpful in Weight loss.
- Protein-rich food in India for vegetarians – Top 11 list
- How many carbs a day to lose weight?
- Best vegetables for weight loss in India – A list
Preparation time: Palak Paneer
- Servings: 2 servings.
- Preparation time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
Read my weight loss journey: Anubhav Kumar Weight Loss Story
I hope you loved this paneer keto recipe and gonna enjoy it in your weight loss journey. Please let me know in the comment about what is your favorite paneer recipe.
Here is weight loss friendly soup: Weight loss soup vegetarian – An Easy Recipe